07/12/2011 - Bits and Bobs

Well, I suppose it had to end sometime - couldn't keep having double figure temperatures in November forever, could we? Did some retail therapy to cheer myself up. First of my early brithday/Christmas presents to myself hit the doormat with a thump last week - the new book from the Perchfishers, "Biggest Fish of All".


Weighty!

After a quick leaf through it looks to be another well-produced book that's sure to become a classic reference like the first one (see http://theperchfishers.org.uk/). I remember getting my copy of the first Perchfishers book from the cheap bookshop on Ashby de la Zouch high street. They had quite a few copies at the time and I wish I'd bought them all given the price they go for now! Had a quick squint at the big perch list at the back of the new book and had a suprise - a 5lb 1oz perch from the River Soar caught in July this year! Must have missed that in the press, but certainly something to aim for!

1 comment: