River Soar - 22/06/2011

Another short evening session, this time on the Soar at Kegworth. Slogged up to the new section downstream of the weir. Suprised to find I had the whole stretch to myself, so picked a swim where the flow was pushing along a bit of cover on the far bank.


Nice

As the river was quite clear and shallow I opted to fish straight leads and catapult pellets over the top, rather than to repeatedly cast with a feeder or PVA bags. Baits had only been out a couple of minutes before I started getting wound up by the chub rattling on the rod tops. Had been tempted into striking into thin air a couple of times before I decided to change the rigs around slightly. Changed to a semi-fixed lead by pushing the swivel over a Korda tail rubber and wrapped the hair around the hook a couple of times, so that the pellets were hard up against the bend. Seemed to do the trick as the next few bites were converted into fish. First up was a bream of about 5 lb. Not what I was expecting in the fast water.



Snotty

Next up was one of the greedy little chublets that had probably been responsible for those earlier "doinks" on the rod tips.



Greedy

His slightly bigger brother was next, followed by another snotty. Went quiet after this, but I was really confident of a barbel as it got dark. Unfortunately it never happened. Packed up about 11pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment